Frequently Asked Questions About YEP Energy's Purchase of Epcot's Customers
What changes are there to my account now that Epcot has been acquired by YEP Energy?
- There will be NO CHANGE in your terms of service, pricing, term length, or deposit, if any.
- Your transition from Epcot Electric to YEP Energy will be seamless from your perspective, and your electricity supply will continue with no interruption and no disconnection.
- Epcot customers do, however, need to ensure that, going forward, the customers note the new payment address and new payment instructions for anyone on ACH to ensure the customers pay YEP Energy with regard to all invoices and services provided by YEP Energy, as further discussed below.
I’m on automatic payment with Epcot. Can I keep that in place going forward with YEP Energy?
- No, and this is very important. Customers should pay their final Epcot invoice as they normally would but should direct payments to YEP Energy once customers receive their first YEP Energy invoice. For those customers who prefer automatic recurring monthly bill payments, they will need to complete and return YEP Energy’s automatic payment enrollment form to YEP Energy.
Will I need to do anything now that I am a YEP Energy customer?
- Please let YEP Energy know if there are any changes to your account information including email, phone number or address.
- Once you begin receiving services from YEP Energy, you will receive your invoice from YEP Energy.
- Be sure to check your invoice for the correct payment methods.
- For those customers who prefer automatic monthly bill payments, they will need to complete and return YEP Energy’s automatic recurring monthly payment enrollment form to YEP Energy.
What about the email I received from YEP Energy on July 10, 2012?
- You may disregard that email entirely. It is no longer relevant because YEP Energy has purchased every customer of Epcot Electric, along with Epcot Electric’s brand name. As a result, you no longer need to worry about being transferred to the POLR or having a possible interruption or transition in your service agreement. Further, your price with Epcot will not change once you begin service with YEP Energy.
What if I’ve already enrolled with YEP Energy during the week of July 8 through July 12, 2012?
- You do not need to do anything. Your service has already been transferred from Epcot Electric to YEP Energy, except you may want to enroll for automatic monthly recurring payments with YEP Energy.
What are my payment options?
- For all services provided by YEP Energy, you may pay by phone using YEP Energy’s phone number, sign up for our online Portal, send payment to the payment address on your YEP Energy invoice, enroll for automatic payments, or pay in person at locations all across Texas. Customers should pay their final invoice with Epcot Electric as they normally would.
Can you tell me more about YEP Energy?
- YEP Energy is a nationwide energy service provider currently providing electricity and natural gas services to tens of thousands of customers throughout North America, including Texas, California, Pennsylvania, and other markets.
- YEP Energy is led by a management team with more than 150 years of combined experience in the deregulated energy markets, assuring that you will receive optimal service options now and long into the future.
- Go to www.yepenergy.com for more details.
Make us Your Energy Provider!